Procurement Technical Assistance Center
The Women’s Business Development Center (WBDC) is an Illinois Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) which helps business owners effectively market their companies to federal, state and local government agencies.
To find Contract Opportunities with government agencies, please click here, to visit Government Contracting Websites, please click here. To report your successes in government contracting to the WBDC click here. The Illinois PTAC located at the WBDC provides services to all Illinois-based businesses and are not limited to women.
New! In addition to full service offerings at WBDC’s main office, the Illinois PTAC at the WBDC will be providing business counseling hours by appointment only every Thursday at:
South Suburban College – Business & Career Institute, Room 5790, 2nd Floor
16333 South Kilbourn Ave.
Oak Forest, Illinois 60452
Did you know…
- In 2009, the U.S. federal government purchased more than $540 billion in goods and services
- These purchases covered a broad base of products including machined parts, processed food, engineering services and printed materials, among others
- There is a cooperative program between the State of Illinois and the U.S. government to assist your firm in becoming a government supplier
- In 2010, the federal government published a final rule on the Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) Contracting Program, making it possible for contracting officers to set aside contract opportunities where only women-owned small businesses can compete. Learn more about the program here.
What type of businesses can succeed in the government market? Companies that:
- Have access to adequate financial resources
- Have a current established commercial market
- Have systems in place to deliver projects on time
- Have proven success in their area of expertise
- Have a commitment to quality
WBDC PTAC services include assistance with:
- Understanding and navigating the government procurement process
- Bid Matching – a service that notifies companies of government procurement opportunities
- Locating and understanding government specifications and standards
- Understanding and applying for the different types of public sector certifications
- Identification of sub-contracting opportunities
- Contract administration information
- System for Award Management (SAM) support
If you are an Illinois business looking for government contracting assistance, please click here to register for PTAC counseling. If you have already pre-registered, please contact Freida Curry, PTAC Director, at email@example.com.
If your business is not located in Illinois, please click here to locate the PTAC closest to you.