Technology Makeover Competition
The Women’s Business Development Center’s (WBDC) Annual Technology Makeover Competition is designed for small business owners who need to upgrade old technologies or implement new ones to increase their business productivity and growth.
The 4th Annual Technology Makeover Competition Applicaton is now open. The deadline for application is May 31st, 2013 at 5:00 p.m. The competition is open to businesses that meet the following criteria:
- WBENC Certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE)
- At least 2 years in business
- Maintain a minimum of four employee workstations
- Have at least $1,000,000 in revenue
Click here for the Complete Official Rule
The 2013 Winner will be announced at the WBENC National Conference and Business Fair in Minneapolis, MN taking place June 25-27th. To learn more about the conference, please click here.
The prize package for the winning business will include:
- Three laptops,
- One small business server
- One network printer
- One projector
- Two headsets
- Website brand, design, and content consulting
- Microsoft Small Business Server Standard 2011
- Microsoft OfficePro Plus
- 2013 Windows 8 Pro
- Two 2014 WBENC National Conference passes
- Four 2013 WBDC Entrepreneurial Woman’s Conference passes
- 1-LG Optimus G cellphone
2013 Technology Makeover Competition Sponsors
2012 Competition Winner: Jennifer Bias, Ficek Electric & Communication Systems, Inc.
“First and foremost, the publicity that I received was a prize in itself. We were so fortunate to make new business connections and customers just from the publicity. Locally, I was published as the cover story of the quarterly Tri County Woman magazine that circulates a very broad area and that would not have happened if I didn’t win the technology makeover.
In a nutshell, my office is now running at its peak! Our new server and laptops are allowing us to be so much more efficient and we are generating more revenue as my technical staff is also using technology as a tool to process service calls and invoices in the field. My business sense and technology skills have been sharpened through of all the continuing education and our image has been polished to a sparkle.”
Past award winners have received the following prize package:
• Laptop Computers and a Network Printer
• Microsoft Small Business Server and Microsoft Office Professional 2011
• Full Suite of Email Marketing Products and Services
• Server & Network Upgrade
• Website Development, including Branding and Content Development
• Executive Level Business Training
2011: Linda Toops, Clerestory Consulting
2010: Julie Savitt, AMS Earth Movers
To learn more about the WBDC Technology Makeover, please contact Elizabeth Gardner at email@example.com.