The Women’s Business Development Center (WBDC) offers a vast array of courses and workshops year round. For upcoming workshops and events, please click here. When looking for start-up workshops in the current calendar, be sure to look for these icons:
Workshops for all business levels
Select from the list below for full descriptions of courses offered year round:
Are You Ready for a Government Contract?
This workshop focuses on determining if your business is at the right stage to pursue opportunities with government agencies and how to market your business to them. Learn the steps to identify contract opportunities, including which website to visit to find bid opportunities.
Are You Ready for a Government Contract is offered both as a webinar and in person. Please check the current Calendar of Events for upcoming classes.
Is Certification Right for You?
Have you been asked, “Are you certified as a minority or woman-owned business?” by corporations and government agencies? If so, and you don’t know where to start, this workshop is for you. Presented by the Certification Program Manager, you will learn:
- The differences and benefits of Minority (MBE) and Women (WBE) owned business certifications on Federal, State, Local and Private levels
- Benefits and process of WBE certification offered by the Women’s Business Development Center through the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC)
- What certification you should obtain based on your business needs
Is Certification Right for You is offered both as a webinar and in person. Please check the current Calendar of Events for upcoming classes.
Starting a Business in Illinois
Are you considering starting a business in Illinois? Put yourself ahead of the curve by attending this workshop to gain the knowledge you need to assist with a successful launch. After this workshop you will be better able to address:
- Whether business ownership is right for you
- Exploring personal feasibility and how owning a business will impact your life
- The transition of moving from employee, volunteer, homemaker and/or independent contractor to business owner
- How to determine which legal entity is right for you
Please check the current Calendar of Events
for upcoming classes.
Wisdom, Wine and Cheese: Introduction to WBDC Services
This interactive, networking session is for both prospective and established business owners. Whether you’re thinking about starting your own business or growing the business you already have, this session will help you clarify your needs and learn more about WBDC resources. If you’re looking for assistance in pursuing government or corporate contracts, need financing to grow your business, or just need guidance to learn how to work ON your business, come join the WBDC circle of help! We are here for you throughout your journey of entrepreneurship!
Please check the current Calendar of Events for upcoming dates.