Plan For Profit: A Guided Process for Developing Your Business
Plan for Profit is WBDC's newest and most comprehensive training program for
people learning to work on their business whether they are start up or emerging
businesses. Comprised of 3 modules of 4 sessions, 3 hours each, the program
takes you through a hands-on approach to drafting your business plan.
Each session focuses on a critical aspect of business development,
shows you the ropes and then allows time for you to draft that part. To
strengthen your skills, you get feedback from each other on the part your
researched and developed. Moreover, a vast array of online tools help you
research questions related to developing your business plan. Upon completion of
the 12-session program and a solid business plan you will receive a Business
Plan Development Program Certificate.
Module 1: Foundation and Vision
bolts you into your business concept through
- writing the first draft of your executive summary
- determining market needs at the industry level
- identifying your target market
- building a company overview
- briefly pitching to your peers about your business
Prerequisite: prior to acceptance into the program you
Module 2: Marketing and exposure
- be committed to only one business idea that you plan to develop
- make an appointment with our Director of Entrepreneurial Services to help
you assess your readiness for this rigorous program
- attend WBDC Starting a Business in IL
- attend the Take the Mystery out of Finance workshop
- submit your feasible business concept to the Director of Entrepreneurial
Services for program readiness assessment.
- strongly encouraged: bring your laptop/ tablet device.
- write about your competition
- define your company's strengths and weaknesses
- develop marketing strategies and your branding
- identify how to engage clients through online marketing
- determine marketing costs and timing
- briefly present to your peers your marketing plan
Module 1 must be completed before taking
Module 3: Financials and Finesse
takes you into planning
- pricing, sales estimates and expense research,
- financial statements and projections
- polishing, formatting and creating visuals using Microsoft Office tools
- deliver y of a 5 minute presentation to a panel of lenders and business
coaches to support your efforts in articulating your business plan to others.
Prerequisite: must take
modules 1 and 2.