Pritzker Military Library, 104 S. Michigan Ave., Chicago, IL 60603
Are you a woman veteran thinking about starting your own business? Look no further! The WBDC, in partnership with the Illinois Department of Veteran Affairs (IDVA), has formed the Women Vetrepreneurship Program, a unique program for women veterans who are pursuing self-employment or business ownership as a pathway to economic security, independence and empowerment. This program will create a women veteran’s support infrastructure that will leverage existing resources to cover both business development and social service needs.
Many of the qualities veterans possess, including being a resourceful problem solver, persevering through adversity, being willing to take risks and having a can-do attitude, are the same ones that make successful entrepreneurs. If you are self-employed, consulting or doing freelance work, you have already taken your first steps toward becoming a successful business owner. Come learn how the WBDC can help you grow your efforts into a sustainable business.
Join us to learn more about the program and how you can benefit! There will be light refreshments served and an opportunity to sign up for program participation.
Program highlights include:
- Proven WBDC business development training programs and services
- Women Veterans’ Affinity Group to connect participants in a meaningful, ongoing community and to educate and assist in accessing available benefits and support services
- A network of partner-provided social services for women veteran support
- No-cost child care services during program participation provided through the WBDC’s child care business clients
- Direct lending to eligible program participants to start or grow a business
- Mentoring program pairing successful small business women with program participants
- Assistance for program participants in getting certified as veteran-owned businesses and City of Chicago, Cook County and State of Illinois women-owned businesses.
Event sponsor: Overture Premiums & Promotions
Please note: women veterans are welcome to bring their children to this child-friendly event.