WBDC, 8 S. Michigan Avenue, 4th Floor, Chicago, IL 60603
This worksop has been cancelled.
Anyone who thinks about starting a business has to grapple with the following questions:
- Is being an entrepreneur the right choice for me?
- How do I know when it’s the right time to start?
- What are the first steps I should take?
- How can I be sure I’ll survive?
- Is it possible to thrive and have a life I love too?
This two-hour workshop based on the book, Thrive: The Entrepreneurial Path to a Great Life, is designed to help participants answer these questions.
- Learn the Five Fierce Desires that motivate all successful entrepreneurs, and rate themselves on each desire on a scale from 1 to 10.
- Answer the 4 Deal-Breaking Questions to consider before making a decision to start a business.
- Identify first steps to take to get started.
- Be introduced to some of the practices that help entrepreneurs survive and thrive in their work/lives.
Facilitator: Robin A. Sheerer has been self-employed for 32 years and is passionate about helping people blossom in their work/lives. She founded Career Enterprises Incorporated in 1981, offering Career and Professional Development services to individuals and companies. She is the author of the award-winning No More Blue Mondays/ Four Keys to Finding Fulfillment at Work and the newly released Thrive: The Entrepreneurial Path to a Great Life. She has provided training and consulting to major companies including John Nuveen & Company, Allstate Business Insurance and Fel-Pro.
Each participant will receive a free copy of Thrive: The Entrepreneurial Path to a Great Life.