McDonald Hopkins, LLC, 300 North LaSalle Street, Suite 2100, Chicago, IL 60654
This workshop has been cancelled
This is good news for small businesses! The 2013 National Defense Authorization Act helps remove barriers that small business face in contracting with the Federal Government. The Act also provides new enforcement mechanisms and penalties for large and small businesses for non-compliance. These new laws can also impact your teaming and joint venture efforts. This Workshop will be highly interactive and packed with great information to help you comply with federal contracting laws.
Topics that will be covered:
Some of the notable contracting provisions in the NDAA include:
- How the NDAA helps women-owned small contractors by removing the set-aside caps on the women’s contracting program.
- New Enforcement and penalties regulations to understand
- New and improved changes in Subcontracting Limitations that can provide new opportunities for small business to perform prime contracts
- Contract Bundling and assistance for small business
- Prime Contractor Subcontracting Plans: Notifications to small business requirements
- New SBA Mentor Protégé Program for all small businesses including, WOSB, SDVOSB and HUBZone firms
- Other Recent Key laws including, Prompt Payment, Small Business Parity, and Proposed Legislation that could have a strong impact for small business.
Please join us for this Free workshop. This is an opportunity to ask questions, meet other small and large business and learn about other upcoming workshops and federal conferences.
Presenter: Michelle Kantor
Michelle Kantor is an Attorney and Partner in the Chicago office of McDonald Hopkins LLC. Michelle has more than 26 years of experience practicing in government contracting. She represents prime contractors, suppliers, subcontractors, design professionals, manufacturers, fabricators, consultants and owners in all procurement and construction related matters in the public and private sectors.
$10.00 in advance, $20 at the door