As we continue to learn more about the proposed American Health Care Act being put forward by the new administration to replace the Affordable Care Act (‘ACA’), the Women’s Business Development Center encourages all of our clients to be vigilant in learning how this new healthcare policy may impact your businesses, your clients and yourselves.
While we have yet to learn exactly how this will impact small businesses and your ability to offer healthcare to your employees, it is clear the new plan will challenge employers and entrepreneurs to advocate for the best healthcare options available.
When we first distributed our survey gaging employer attitudes on the ACA, we heard that you care deeply about the quality and affordability of the plans available. WBDC will continue to partner with Health and Disability Advocates (HDA) and Small Business Majority (SBM) to learn more about what the new plan proposes and provide opportunities for you to again make your voice heard on this important issue.
Please stay tuned as we continue to learn more about the proposed path forward in healthcare. We have attached Helpful Links below for you to learn more about the proposed changes. To share your concerns on the issues facing healthcare today, please reach out to your Congressional representative, and never hesitate to contact me at email@example.com.
President and Chief Executive Office
Women’s Business Development Center
- USA Today – Q&A: The facts on the Republican health care bill: House Republicans released their replacement plan for the Affordable Care Act on March 6. How does the GOP’s American Health Care Act differ from the ACA? We look at the major provisions.
- Bloomberg BNA – GOP Health Care Plan May Pinch Startup Workforce: Startup founders and low-income gig economy workers would receive fewer government tax credits to buy individual insurance policies under a House Republican health care overhaul proposal.
- CBS News – The American Health Care Act: What’s in it for you?: Now that health care experts and consumer advocates have had a chance to review a plan by Republican lawmakers to replace Obamacare, answers to burning questions — especially from health care exchange members — are starting to take shape.
- PolitiFact – 7 takeaways from the GOP health care plan to replace Obamacare: Walking a fine line between the free market and a safety net, Republicans on March 6 released their legislative plan to replace Obamacare — more formally known as the Affordable Care Act — without throwing millions of people off their health insurance coverage.
- Vox – The American Health Care Act: the Republicans’ bill to replace Obamacare, explained: House Republicans released their long-awaited replacement plan for the Affordable Care Act on Monday.
- CNN Money – Who wins and who loses under Obamacare replacement bill: Republicans in Congress have long vowed that they can make health care more affordable and accessible. Americans will now see if they can keep that promise.
Access to Capital: How to Find the Financial Resources You Need to Start or Grow Your Business – By Lisandra MartinezSee More