Associate Director, Veteran Programs
January 8th, 2018
April 30th, 2018
Description of Opportunity:
The Women’s Business Development Center (WBDC) is a nationally-recognized 501(c)(3) economic development organization with 32 years of experience helping women, minorities and veterans establish and grow sustainable businesses that create jobs and fuel economic growth. The WBDC delivers business development programs and services throughout the greater Chicago area and certifies women-owned businesses and offers capacity-building and procurement services in a nine state Midwest region.
The Associate Director supports the Veteran Business Outreach Center (VBOC) and other veteran programs and services offered by the WBDC. The Associate Director is responsible for delivering business development programming, services, and resources to service members, Guard, Reserve, veterans, and military-connected family members. The VBOC service area covers Illinois, Wisconsin, and Minnesota. The ideal candidate is a veteran with extensive business, administrative, and logistical experience who possesses strong leadership, organization, and communication skills.
REPORTS TO: Managing Director, Freida Curry
- Develop veteran program strategy and curriculum for relevancy and impact
- Explore veteran client needs and market opportunities
- Plan, organize, and staff activities and events to facilitate outreach while ensuring alignment with the WBDC’s Strategic Plan and funder requirements
- Provide support for SBA’s Boots to Business and Boots to Business/Reboot program in Illinois, Wisconsin, and Minnesota
- Deliver individual business advising and financial training
- Process client intakes, client data entry, and database management
- Assist with grant management and financial reporting
- Perform other duties as assigned
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred
- Veteran status or experience working with military personnel
- Strong business and financial acumen
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and client relationship management systems
- Passion and understanding of women’s issues, veteran issues, and economic development
Position available immediately. Salary $50,000 to $60,000, commensurate with experience.
The Women’s Business Development Center is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. Further information on the WBDC is available at www.WBDC.org.