Managing Director, ScaleUp
January 8th, 2018
April 30th, 2018
Description of Opportunity:
The Women’s Business Development Center (WBDC) is a nationally recognized 501(c)(3) economic development organization with 31 years of experience assisting women and other diverse entrepreneurs establish and grow sustainable businesses that create jobs and fuel economic growth. The WBDC delivers programs and services for each stage of business development throughout the greater Chicago area and certifies women-owned businesses and offers procurement services in a nine state upper Midwest region.
ScaleUp is an intensive multi-week cohort-based program that gives established businesses the tools to grow. It operates in multiple locations in Chicagoland, with an emphasis on low- and moderate-income communities.
The ScaleUp Managing Director provides guidance and oversight for the entire family of WBDC ScaleUp communities and performs community outreach, staffing for cohort facilitation, and client counseling for individuals and groups.
Reporting Relationship: Chief Executive Officer
- Direct and deliver ScaleUp programming and services.
- Supervise ScaleUp Managers and Associates for the various WBDC ScaleUp communities.
- Maintain relevancy of curriculum through continuous improvement and periodic revisions.
- Create and manage a strategy for marketing, outreach and recruitment for all ScaleUp sites.
- Lead the development of relationships with community partners, local chambers of commerce, small business development centers, elected officials, banks, and local business organizations, in collaboration with WBDC leadership and development staff.
- Establish guidelines, performance measures, and compliance for ScaleUp program delivery and reporting.
- Lead responsibility for compilation of statistics and other information required for Scale-up Funder Reports.
- Cultivate and maintain positive relationships with ScaleUp funders.
- Expand ScaleUp program and services geographic reach.
- Engage and cultivate on-going relationships and services provided to ScaleUp cohort members.
- Contribute to the overall mission and goals of the WBDC.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the CEO
Skills & Qualifications:
- Commitment to women’s economic development
- Bachelor’s Degree required and financial acumen
- 8-10 years of experience working with small businesses
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Technological proficiency
Position available immediately.
Salary range is $75,000 – $85,000.
The Women’s Business Development Center is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. Further information on the WBDC is available at www.WBDC.org.