Associate Director, Entrepreneurial Services (Aurora)
43 W. Galena Blvd. Aurora, IL 60506
May 2nd, 2019
June 30th, 2019
Description of Opportunity:
The Associate Director of Entrepreneurial Services in Aurora is responsible for delivering programming that provides business development services, one-on-one business counseling and business resources to nascent, emerging and established women entrepreneurs, including those that are economically and socially disadvantaged.
The Entrepreneurial Training Program provides relevant counseling and training to prospective and emerging entrepreneurs in all aspects of market feasibility, business development, and operations management. Acute attention is given to financial management and access to capital. New initiatives and programs are developed to better serve business development needs of clients,
REPORTS TO: Director, Women’s Business Center (WBC) Aurora
- Assesses the needs of small business owners and recommends and implements a plan of action
- Provide training and one-on-one business counseling to clients in both English and Spanish
- Administers and directs integrated programs and services in the prescribed service area according to all applicable policies, procedures, Federal and State laws, regulations, and other governing documents
- Performs outreach and maintains collaborative relationships with local financial institutions, relevant service providers, the local business community and other stakeholders in the community
- Maintain and analyze data on program effectiveness
- Perform administrative tasks and scheduling as needed
- Prepares deliverables and required reports as directed
- Supervises the confidentiality and maintenance of all client records
- Assists the WBDC Marketing Team to promote WBC programs and services within the prescribed service area, both in English and Spanish
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree required, advance degree preferred
- 3-6 years of business experience
- Analytical skills, financial acumen, and marketing experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Functions easily as a team player
- Bi-lingual, English and Spanish required
- Available for evening and weekend work
- Highly proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Passionate about women’s issues, and economic development
WE OFFER YOU:
A competitive total benefits package and tremendous potential with a growing mission-focused organization. Benefits include a flexible work schedule, health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, short term and long term disability insurance, long term care, life insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan with matching benefits. Salary range is $45,000 – $55,000.
ABOUT THE WBDC:
The Women’s Business Development Center (WBDC) is a nationally recognized 501(c)3 economic development organization headquartered in Chicago with over 33 years of successful experience assisting women establish and grow sustainable businesses that create jobs and fuel economic growth. The organization delivers business development programs and services throughout the Greater Chicagoland area and, also certifies women-owned businesses and offers procurement services in a nine-state Midwest region with offices in Chicago, the Twin Cities, Milwaukee, Kansas City, and St. Louis.
Position available immediately. Commensurate with experience. The Women’s Business Development Center is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. Further information on the WBDC is available at www.WBDC.org.