Associate Director, Government Contracting
WBDC Headquarters, 8 South Michigan Avenue, Suite 400, Chicago
March 17th, 2021
April 30th, 2021
Description of Opportunity:
The Associate Director of Government Contracting will manage the delivery of programs and services for businesses competing in the federal, state, and local government markets or businesses interested in becoming federal, state, and local government contractors. The Associate Director will work with the Managing Director, Government and Veteran Services to develop the strategic direction for government contracting services, and will execute plans by providing individual advising, educational programs, bid and proposal support, and other services to support businesses competing for government contracts. Additionally, the Associate Director will participate in procurement outreach and marketing activities; prepare and submit required reporting by funders; and serve as an advocate, resource and expert on government contracting with strategic partners, community organizations and other stakeholders.
REPORTS TO: Managing Director, Government and Veteran Services
- Develop and maintain relationships with government entities and business owners through on-going strategic outreach
- Actively network to increase visibility of WBDC’s government contracting services, including attending procurement events, participation on committees, speaking as a subject matter expert, advocating for small businesses and contracting.
- Provide one-on-one counseling to guide business owners through the process of completing required government forms for procurement opportunities, including certification and bidding in federal, state, and local government as prime contractors and subcontractors.
- Establish and cultivate linkages and relationships with public and private sector buyers and supplier diversity personnel.
- Plan procurement, outreach and training events and workshops.
- Record and track client engagement, progress, and government contracting activities in WBDC data bases via surveys and ongoing reporting
- Participate in the annual preparation of the Illinois Procurement Technical Assistance (PTAC) grant proposal and other government contracting grant opportunities
- Facilitate two – three annual government contracting educational multi-week cohorts
- Submit WBDC vouchers for grant reimbursements
- Participate in strategic planning and execution of Government Contracting activities and deliverables
- Develop and distribute monthly newsletter
- Participate and provide assistance during in annual grants’ programmatic reviews and financial reviews
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years professional level business experience
- Experience reviewing business structures and plans, experience in contract certifications and contract bidding
- Analytical skills and financial acumen
- Ability to interact with all levels of the WBDC organization and leverage internal and external contacts
- Passionate about the economic development of small and diverse firms
- Business degree, MBA preferred
We Offer You:
A competitive total benefits package and tremendous potential with a growing mission-focused organization. Benefits include a flexible work schedule, health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, long term care, life insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan with matching benefits. The position salary range is $50,000 – $60,000 annually, based on experience.
About the WBDC:
The Women’s Business Development Center (WBDC) is a nationally recognized 501(c)(3) business growth center and economic development organization with 34 years of experience helping women and other diverse entrepreneurs establish and grow sustainable businesses that create jobs and fuel economic growth. The WBDC delivers programs and services throughout the greater Chicago area and certifies women owned businesses and offers procurement services in a nine state Midwest region.
How to Apply:
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume by e-mail to:
Carolina Diaz Martinez, Women’s Business Development Center
Address: 8 South Michigan Avenue, 4th Floor, Chicago, IL 60603
The Women’s Business Development Center is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. Further WBDC information is available at www.WBDC.org.