What is Cook County Legal Aid for Housing and Debt (CCLAHD)?
- CCLAHD is a county-wide initiative serving residents of Cook County in need of legal assistance for issues surrounding eviction, foreclosure, debt and tax deeds.
- Cook County has been proactively working with elected officials and nonprofit organizations to develop this initiative.
- Partnering offices and organizations include:
- President’s Office,
- Office of the Chief Judge
- Circuit Court of Cook County
- Cook County Commissioners
- Sheriff of Cook County,
- Clerk of the Circuit Court of Cook County,
- Treasurer’s Office,
- City of Chicago,
- The Chicago Bar Foundation,
- Legal Aid and Mediation Organizations: Center for Conflict Resolution, and Chicago Community Trust, CARPLS Legal Aid, Greater Chicago Legal Clinic, Center for Conflict Resolution, Lawyers’ Committee for Better Housing, Center for Disability & Elder Law, Legal Aid Chicago, Chicago Volunteer Legal Services, and Legal Aid Society>> Read more