Curricula Conversion Consultant
WBDC Headquarters, 8 South Michigan Avenue, Suite 400, Chicago
May 28th, 2020
June 30th, 2020
Description of Opportunity:
The Women’s Business Development Center is looking to hire a consultant to convert current curricula to a virtual environment. The online courses will include animations, videos, exams, and other interactive features, which need to be compatible with the Litmos online learning platform. The finished courses will be desktop, laptop, and mobile friendly, and be available in both iOS and Android. In order to achieve these goals in an efficient and effective manner, the WBDC will hire an expert contractor, through the RFP process, to manage this work. The contractor will work with WBDC program staff to convert existing materials into the online format. The WBDC is converting four (4) curricula to the virtual space: Plan for Profit, Developing Your Child Care Business, Innovation to Thrive, and Access to Capital.
Reports to: Chief of Staff and Managing Director of Entrepreneurial Services
- Project Setup
- Content Analysis and Development
- Graphics and Animation to enhance the programs.
- Professional Voice Over
- 2D /3D graphics creation
- Media Creation for content
- Video Editing
- Securing rights for the music, narration, photos, graphics to be used for the purpose of this program.
- Online and Mobile Programming
It is estimated to take 45 days to complete the RFP process and bring someone on board.
Once the project work begins, the WBDC expects each course will take about four (4) weeks to convert into virtual. The WBDC Chicago plans to prioritize the Access to Capital program curriculum as that is a critical to businesses surviving the COVID-19 pandemic. The WBDC would like the first clients will have participated in and completed virtual financial and business education by the end of September 2020, with additional courses coming online Q4 CY2020 and into Q1 CY2021.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- 5+ years interactive technology experience
- Experience with video and animation production
- Online training design experience creating self-paced and instructor-led online training
- Project management experience for the online curriculum from initial design through delivery and implementation
- Knowledge of licensing prerequisites for curricula components including images and graphics
- Information Systems degree required
The Women’s Business Development Center (WBDC) is a nationally recognized 501(c)(3) business growth center and economic development organization with 34 years of experience helping women and other diverse entrepreneurs establish and grow sustainable businesses that create jobs and fuel economic growth. The WBDC delivers programs and services throughout the greater Chicago area and certifies women owned businesses and offers procurement services in a nine state Midwest region.
How to Apply:
To apply, please submit a cover letter, pricing, and resume by e-mail to:
Carolina Diaz Martinez, Women’s Business Development Center
Address: 8 South Michigan Avenue, 4th Floor, Chicago, IL 60603
The Women’s Business Development Center is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. Further WBDC information is available at www.WBDC.org.