Director, Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC)
WBDC Headquarters, 8 South Michigan Avenue, Suite 400, Chicago
May 14th, 2020
June 30th, 2020
Description of Opportunity:
The Director of Procurement Technical Assistance Center will manage the day-to-day operations of the PTAC and will deliver all programs and services for businesses competing in the federal, state, and local government markets or businesses interested in becoming federal, state and local government contractors. The Director, along with the Managing Director, will develop the strategic direction for the PTAC, and will execute the plan by providing individual advising, educational programs, bid and proposal support, and other services to support businesses competing for government contracts. Additionally, the Director will participate in procurement outreach and marketing activities; prepare and submit all required grant reporting; and serve as an advocate, resource and expert on government contracting with strategic partners, community organizations and other stakeholders.
REPORTS TO: Managing Director, Government and Veteran Services
- Develop and maintain relationships with government entities and business owners through on-going strategic outreach
- Work with established business owners to effectively compete for government contracts by providing guidance on expectations regarding capacity, business operations, certifications, etc. for working with government agencies.
- Actively network to increase visibility of PTAC, including attending procurement events, participation on committees, speaking as a subject matter expert, advocating for small businesses and contracting, etc.
- Provide one-on-one counseling to guide business owners through the process of completing required government forms for procurement opportunities, including certification and bidding in federal, state and local government as prime contractors and subcontractors.
- Assist firms with all federal, state and local government agencies minority, women, veteran and other diverse certifications
- Establish and cultivate linkages and relationships with public and private sector buyers and supplier diversity personnel
- Plan procurement, outreach and training sessions to be sponsored by the WBDC PTAC
- Record and track client engagement, progress, and government contracting activities in two data bases, Outcome Tracker and Neoserra via surveys and ongoing reporting
- Participate in the annual preparation of the DCEO grant proposal and in preparation of other PTAC-related contract or grant opportunities
- Facilitate two – three annual government contracting educational multi-week cohorts
- Submit monthly vouchers
- Participate in strategic planning and execution of PTAC activities and deliverables
- Develop and distribute monthly PTAC newsletter
- Participate in annual DCEO/PTAC programmatic review and financial review
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years professional level business experience
- Experience reviewing business structures and plans, experience in contract certifications and contract bidding
- Analytical skills and financial acumen
- Ability to interact with all levels of the WBDC organization and leverage internal and external contacts
- Passionate about the economic development of small and diverse firms
- Business degree, MBA preferred
We Offer You:
A competitive total benefits package and tremendous potential with a growing mission-focused organization. Benefits include a flexible work schedule, health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, long term care, life insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan with matching benefits. The position salary range is $ 65,000 – $75,000 annually, based on experience.
About the WBDC:
The Women’s Business Development Center (WBDC) is a nationally recognized 501(c)(3) business growth center and economic development organization with 34 years of experience helping women and other diverse entrepreneurs establish and grow sustainable businesses that create jobs and fuel economic growth. The WBDC delivers programs and services throughout the greater Chicago area and certifies women owned businesses and offers procurement services in a nine state Midwest region.
How to Apply:
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume by e-mail to:
Carolina Diaz Martinez, Women’s Business Development Center
Address: 8 South Michigan Avenue, 4th Floor, Chicago, IL 60603
The Women’s Business Development Center is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. Further WBDC information is available at www.WBDC.org.