2022 Insurance Industry Business Partnership Symposium
This event has passed. Please see the virtual event replays below.
Join us virtually for two half-day sessions of intentional engagement and exposure with insurance industry leaders and professionals. Featuring keynote speakers, panelists, 2-way engagement workshops, business matchmaking, and critical industry insights to empower you for future growth opportunities.
Designed to build supplier insight into Insurance Industry trends including Regulatory, Technology and Innovation. This event will focus on elements which are key to gaining business opportunities by understanding trends and requirements related to your solutions. Hear from and meet with leading Insurance companies.
OCTOBER 12-13, 2022 | Virtual Event
Day 1 | Oct 12 | 8:30 am to 12:00 pm
Day 2 | Oct 13 | 8:30 am to 11:00 am
Telisa Yancy | President, American Family Direct
Telisa was named president of American Family Direct in July 2021. In this role, she oversees the American Family enterprise’s direct-to-consumer companies – Homesite, The General, and CONNECT.
In her marketing roles, Telisa oversaw all branding, marketing and advertising activities for the company, including launching the award-winning “Dreams” campaign in 2011 and its numerous extensions. She also introduced the concept of inspirational brand ambassadors to serve as “dream champions.” Prior to joining American Family, she served in sales, marketing, and general-management leadership positions at several companies, including Ford Motor Co. and Burger King.
Telisa is a graduate of the University of Illinois and earned an MBA from Northwestern University’s Kellogg Graduate School of Business. She currently serves on the boards of National Public Radio (NPR) and Deluxe Corporation.
Wednesday, October 12, 2022 | 8:30 am to 12:00 pm
- 8:30 am – 8:35 am | Opening Remarks
- 8:35 am – 9:10 am | Keynote| Telisa Yancy, President, American Family Direct
- 9:10 am – 9:40 am | What Keeps the Insurance Industry Up at Night | Industry leaders coalesce to address today’s ever-changing demographics, households, health disparities, impact on jobs, and the opportunities for Corporations and small businesses to respond to the ever-changing needs of the community.
- 9:40 am – 9:45 am | Break
- 9:45 am – 10:15 am | Doing Business in the Insurance Industry | The Insurance and Financial Services Industry is more complicated and unique than other industries. Learn about the range of products and services provided by insurance and financial services companies, and the capabilities required to support them. Most importantly, this session will highlight supplier needs within the insurance and financial services industry and where diversely owned enterprises currently meet some of those needs.
- 10:15 am – 10:45 am | Pitch Showcase | A showcase of experienced WBE and MBEs providing their knowledge, helpful tips, learnings, anticipated challenges (such as contracting requirements, regulatory obligations, etc.) and potential biases to help other WBE and MBEs be successful.
- 10:45 am – 10:55 am | Break
- 10:55 am – 11:55 am | Networking Breakout Room | Providing dynamic engagement with a variety of Corporations and Diverse Suppliers within the Insurance Industry
- 11:55 am – 12:00 pm | Adjourn
Thursday, October 13, 2022 | 8:30 am to 11:00 am
- 8:30 am – 8:35 am | Welcome
- 8:35 am – 9:20 am | Strategic Alliance for Specialty Opportunities | Examining opportunities for large scale solutions in the Actuarial space while scaling the MBE and WBE by forming alliances to take on large volume work. This is provided through purpose driven solutions. Come take an in-depth look through panel discussions geared around the opportunities, challenges, and unique requirements many companies face.
- 9:20 – 9:50 am | Pitch Showcase | A showcase of experienced WBE and MBEs providing their knowledge, helpful tips, learnings, anticipated challenges (such as contracting requirements, regulatory obligations, etc.) and potential biases to help other WBE and MBEs be successful.
- 9:50 am – 9:55 am | Break
- 9:55 am – 10:25 am | Networking Breakout Rooms | Providing dynamic engagement with a variety of Corporations and Diverse Suppliers within the Insurance Industry
- 10:25 am – 10:55 am | Laser Session: Cyber Security | Smart investments minimize your company’s exposure to catastrophic cyber events. Learn from an expert how to maximize value from your current and future technology choices.
- 10:55 am – 11:00 am | Wrap-up
- 11:00 am – 12:00 pm | Matchmaker: WBDC Insurance Industry Event Matchmaker
- 12:00 pm – 12:30 pm | Break
- 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm | Matchmaker: WBDC Insurance Industry Event Matchmaker
11:00 AM – 1:30 PM READY, SET, GROW — Business Matchmaker (for WBENC/NMSDC-Certified MBEs & WBEs)
Ready to pitch your product or service to Insurance Industry representatives? Register for the Business Matchmaker, submit your profile, and you might have the chance to meet one-on-one with a representative –or two or three! Matches are based on buyer procurement needs with no guarantee of a match. Businesses must be certified by WBENC/NMSDC as an MBE or WBE to apply for this opportunity, and also be registered for the WBDC 2022 Insurance Industry Business Partnership Symposium Event.
- Register for the WBDC 2022 Insurance Industry Business Partnership Symposium below.
- Immediately after registering for the event, you will get an email from Eventbrite confirming your registration. That confirmation email will have a direct link to the My Business Matchmaker platform.
- Using the link that is described in Step 2, submit the business info to generate your profile for buyer representatives.
- In order to make the meetings most fruitful, buyers identify which suppliers they want to meet with. Most of these meetings will not be scheduled until between October 7 and 12. Please be patient and check your spam; you will be notified if and when you have meetings set. You can also always go back into your My Business Matchmaker account to check your schedule.
Category opportunities include but are not limited to:
- Call Center
- Marketing Strategy Agencies (digital)
- Media Publishers
- Production- Producers, Directors, Videographers, Audio Engineers, Production Stylists,
- Print Production
- Staffing Augmentation
- Talent Development
Register here today! Business Matchmaking closes on Thursday, 10/6, at noon.
2022 Event Committee
2022 Event Sponsors