Want to develop the business side of your business?
Plan for Profit is WBDC’s newest and most comprehensive training program for people learning to work on their business whether they are a startup or an emerging business. Comprised of 3 modules, the program helps you perform the required market research to create a plan.
Each session focuses on a critical aspect of business development and then allows time for you to draft part of a plan. To strengthen your skills, you get feedback from other participants. Moreover, a vast array of online tools are discussed that will assist you research questions related to finding your target market, analyzing your competition, and developing your business.
Upon completion of the program and a solid business plan you will receive a Business Plan Development Program Certificate.
Module 1: Foundation and Vision
- Write the first draft of your executive summary.
- Determine market needs at the industry level.
- Identify your target market.
- Build a company overview.
- Pitch your idea to your peers.
Module 2: Marketing and exposure
- Write about your competition.
- Describe your company’s strengths and weaknesses.
- Develop marketing strategies and tactics.
- Identify how to engage clients through online marketing.
- Determine marketing costs and timing.
Module 3: Financials and Finesse
- Complete pricing, sales estimates, and expenses research.
- Create initial financial projections.
- Deliver a presentation to a panel of lenders and business coaches to support your efforts in articulating your business pitch.
Prerequisites: prior to acceptance into the program you must:
- Be committed to only one business venture idea that you plan to develop.
- Make an appointment with our Director of Entrepreneurial Services to help assess your idea and your readiness for this rigorous program.
- Attend WBDC’s Starting a Business in Illinois.
- Bring your laptop/ tablet device.
- Apply here
February 20, 2020 to April 9, 2020
For details and next steps, contact Maura Mitchell at (312) 853 – 3477 x130 or firstname.lastname@example.org.