Latina Entrepreneurial Accelerated Development Program
In February 2015, the Women’s Business Development Center launched its first leadership and entrepreneurial comprehensive training program for Latina entrepreneurs.
Focused on four key areas: Leadership, Mentoring, Volunteerism, and Strategic Business Planning, the Latina Entrepreneurial Accelerated Development program equips entrepreneurs with resources and tools to grow.
A three-day intensive leadership training seminar, LEAD caters to owners at a stand-still seeking guidance or companies looking to take their business to the next level.
Applications for the next cohort are now being accepted. Next session takes place from October 26 to 28, 2016. Click here to apply.
Phase 1: Planning (LEAD training seminar)
- Hear from Latino leading experts, community members, and executives
- Develop 6 month action plan incorporating business strategies
- Commit to volunteer with a non-profit organization
- Networking and build relationships with LEAD participants
Phase 2: Activation (Post LEAD training seminar)
- Take part in WBDC’s entrepreneurial programs and services to assist in implementing action plan
- Begin volunteering at identified non-profit organization
- Alumni support with quarterly half-day meet up sessions
Phase 3: Assessment (6 months after LEAD training seminar)
- Celebrate with Graduation Ceremony
- Leverage acquired relationships with the community and the WBDC
- Serve as a mentor to future WBDC Latina entrepreneurs (Optional)
Participation is limited to 15 Latina business owners headquartered in Illinois, with at least two employees and have been in operation for two years or more.