We are here to help you navigate local and federal government opportunities.
Schedule your session and let our PTAC advisors assist with:
- Creating a government contracting strategy specific to your business goals
- Applying for government certification
- Researching and identifying government agencies that are buying your goods and services
- Registering and marketing a business profile in government agency databases
- Creating a capability statement
- Handling pre – and post – contract award action steps
- Identifying government contract vehicles for bids and awards
Why Government Contracting?
Did you know that the U.S. federal government purchases more than $540 billion in goods and services every year?
- These purchases covered a broad base of products including machined parts, processed food, engineering services and printed materials, among others
- There is a cooperative program between the State of Illinois and the U.S. government to assist your firm in becoming a government supplier
- In 2010, the federal government published a final rule on the Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) Contracting Program, making it possible for contracting officers to set aside contract opportunities where only women-owned small businesses can compete. Learn more about the program here.
What type of businesses can succeed in the government market? Companies that:
- Have been in business at least 3 to 5 years
- Have access to adequate financial resources
- Have a current established commercial market
- Have systems in place to deliver projects on time
- Have proven success in their area of expertise
- Have a commitment to quality
Ready to bid government jobs? Email or call (312) 853-3477, ext. 100.
In addition to full service offerings at WBDC’s main office in downtown Chicago, our advisors are conducting business counseling hours every Thursdays by appointment from 10am – 4pm.
To make an appointment, call 312.853.3477 x100.
Prairie State College or Phone
202 S Halsted St, Chicago Heights, IL 60411
Office A151 located in the Adult Training and Outreach Center (ATOC).
This building is not attached to the main building and can entered using the Vollmer Road entrance
If your business is not located in Illinois, click here for a PTAC location near you.
Illinois Procurement Technical Assistance Center is a partnership between WBDC and Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity. The WBDC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Dive into SBA's tools for start-ups and established businesses in every industry
Connect with the full portfolio of SBA services
Breakdown of different certifications
Find out what your NAICS code is
Find Federal contract award data, for research purposes within your industrySee More
Sign up to get the latest updates from the WBDC!Sign Up