- This event has passed.
Leveraging Your Certification Workshop
November 14 @ 2:00 pm - 4:30 pm| $40
If you are newly certified, let us do the leg work for your WBENC Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE) certification action plan! Register to attend the “Leveraging Your Certification” session to save hours of research and preparation. The owner attendance is highly recommended due to the focus and session outcomes. If you have questions about your industry and your business or your certification, please have those questions ready. This session is a prerequisite to all other programs and services offered by WBDC’s Minneapolis Office.
This workshop will help you:
• Identify WBDC’s Minnesota corporate partners, their supplier diversity contacts, and locate their supplier portals
• Streamline the supplier portal registration process
• Create a business capabilities statement
• Create a press release regarding your certification
• Decipher federal, state, local and corporate certifications
• Learn how WBE certification can really be used from those who have done it.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: The workshop is exclusive to representatives of WBENC certified WBE companies, whether newly certified or have never attended. We highly recommend newly certified female business owner(s) attends the session, and subsequently trains her staff responsible for leveraging WBE Certification at her company (they are also welcome to attend later). • There will also be a panel of veteran certified women’s businesses and former corporate representatives.
• A large portion of the time will be dedicated to the Q&A with the attendees.
• Please prepare questions related to your business or industry (or your certification) that you want to get answered.
• This session is tailored for owners, because the topics that are covered are geared towards the roles and responsibilities of the female owner and whoever completed the WBE application for the company.
(Please note the Training Room tends to get extra cold, so please be sure to plan accordingly)
PARKING: Complimentary parking is available in the parking lot in front of the building. The overflow parking lot is available behind the building, although there is no entry to the building from the back. Street parking is also available, if both lots are full. Please budget extra time for parking.
Category Minneapolis Event.