It is our responsibility to keep our network up to date on all city, state, and federal mandates that affect the operation of your business. Over the weekend, several states across the country, including Illinois, determined that statewide stay at home orders were the best method to halt the spread of COVID-19.
Governor Pritzker ordered Illinois residents to stay at home unless traveling for essential activities (e.g., for necessary supplies and health and safety) or to get to essential businesses. A range of businesses have been classified as essential and able to continue operating:
• Emergency city services and other essential government services
• Gas stations
• Grocery stores, food banks, convenience stores, take-out and delivery restaurants
• Hardware stores/plumbers
• Laundromats/laundry services
• Transportation, including CTA and private transportation
• Essential infrastructure, such as utilities, public transportation, and construction
Please note that non-essential businesses can still conduct minimum basic activities to preserve the value and condition of the business’ inventory, equipment, and location. Non-essential businesses can also maintain security and process payroll and employee benefits.
To see how this affects your business, we highly encourage you to read Governor Pritzker’s order here: