Research Analyst, Alumni Network (Contract Position)
WBDC Headquarters, 8 South Michigan Avenue, Suite 400, Chicago
April 7th, 2020
July 31st, 2020
Description of Opportunity:
The Women’s Business Development Center (WBDC) is seeking a Research Analyst to provide insights into our program alumni network resulting in recommendations for future alumni programming. Our Analyst will help us build a best-in-class alumni program that benefits all business owners connected to the WBDC.
About the Alumni Network
Since its inception, the WBDC has served over 91,000 clients, held nearly 14,000 entrepreneurial training workshops and certifies over 2,000 Women Business Enterprises (WBEs) annually. The WBDC is creating a program for on-going engagement and to continue to provide established businesses the business/financial acumen, resources, and tools to ensure they become sustainable businesses and scale.
REPORTS TO: Managing Director of Program Innovations
This position will work hand-in-hand with the Managing Director of Program Innovations to design and conduct a research study to inform WBDC’s alumni network programming.
- Create a research strategy with clear implementation timeline, including:
- Set timeline and goals for the final report (due September 2020)
- Compile and analyze data on past alumni engagement
- Outreach and relationship building with stakeholders, including:
- Conduct focus groups and interviews with program graduates, workshop attendees, and WBEs
- Engage business services organizations involved in the Chicago Inclusive Growth Coalition
- Contribute to the overall mission and goals of the WBDC
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Managing Director of Program Innovations and the WBDC CEO
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Strong organizational, data collection, validation and auditing skills
- High level analytical skills, problem solving ability, as well as written and oral communication skills
- Ability to execute and professionally meet client expectations and positively represent WBDC
- Proactive and strategic thinking, working with multiple stakeholders to creatively solve problems
- Command of technology including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word and database systems
- Experience facilitating focus groups and conducting interviews
- Commitment to women’s economic development
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills, motivated and self-starting
- A strong understanding of Chicago’s small business innovation ecosystem
About the WBDC:
The Women’s Business Development Center (WBDC) is a nationally recognized 501(c)(3) business growth center and economic development organization with 33 years of experience helping women and other diverse entrepreneurs establish and grow sustainable businesses that create jobs and fuel economic growth. The WBDC delivers programs and services throughout the greater Chicago area and certifies women owned businesses and offers procurement services in a nine state Midwest region.
How to Apply:
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume by e-mail to:
Carolina Diaz Martinez, Women’s Business Development Center
Address: 8 South Michigan Avenue, 4th Floor, Chicago, IL 60603
The Women’s Business Development Center is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. Further WBDC information is available at www.WBDC.org.