The Census Bureau (Bureau) is required by law to finish the 2020 Census and deliver the count of the population to the President by December 31, 2020. At the same time, the Bureau must address the risks presented by the global spread of COVID-19. On March 18, the Bureau announced it would suspend field operations and hiring, onboarding, and training of census workers until April 1 in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
On March 28, the Bureau further suspended these operations until April 15. Here is info and how to report online.
Why a complete count of the census is important to businesses:
- Provides the basis for distributing grants for economic development and inform business decisions, such as local business expansion.
- Creates projections of growth and help you identify prime locations to open new operations or shut old ones.
- Helps business owners enhance hiring practices and identify skilled workers.
- Offers valuable information on your customer base, including income levels, household size, and homeownership, which can further inform business strategies such as pricing and locations.
- Determines how much funding your community receives and its representation in government.