The Roadshow Campus Tour is an opportunity to take our Veteran Business Assistance Services to student veterans and their families on college and university campuses across Illinois, Wisconsin, and Minnesota. This half-day event provides entrepreneurial education and business development workshops to male and female active duty, reserve, guard, and retired veteran students as well as their spouses on how to start or expand an existing business.
Have you thought about starting a business to generate extra income?
Do you know the advantages of being a veteran-owned business?
Could you use a boost in your business development processes?
Do you have a business idea and would like to discover its profitability potential?
Let our Veteran Business Assistance Services help you to create a path towards business success.
Session Topics Include:
- Starting your Business from Scratch: Developing a plan for your business– In this workshop, attendees will understand the importance of a business plan, the difference between a traditional and one-page version and will have an opportunity to begin developing a one-page business plan.
- The 5 M’s of Marketing: A framework to create a successful advertising platform– In this workshop, attendees will understand marketing methods and will work on creating a marketing plan for their business idea.
- Introduction to Certifications and Government Contracting– In this workshop, attendees will be introduced to the basics of certification and how to position themselves to successfully do business with the government.
- Entrepreneurial Education
- Networking Opportunities
- Business Development Assistance
- On-site Mentoring
- Business-building Resources
Who should attend?
Any active duty, guardsman, reservist, and retired military veteran or spouse interested in starting a business or any veteran wanting to expand or scale an existing business.
Upcoming Dates & Locations
September 25, 2018 Illinois State University : REGISTER
September 27, 2018 Illinois Wesleyan University : REGISTER
September 28, 2018 Prairie State College : REGISTER
October 18, 2018 Western Illinois University : REGISTER
October 23, 2018 Central Lakes College : REGISTER
October 30, 2018 University of Minnesota Duluth: REGISTER
November 5, 2018 Malcolm X College : REGISTER
November 8, 2018 Concordia University- Wisconsin : REGISTER
November 13, 2018 Minnesota State University Center for Innovation & Entrepreneurship REGISTER
November 29, 2018 Danville Area Community College REGISTER
December 5, 2018 Waubonsee Community College REGISTER
For more information, contact:
Dr. Makeba Butler