The Women’s Business Development Center’s Women Vetrepreneurship Program (WVP) in partnership with the Illinois Department of Veteran Affairs (IDVA) offers services and program for women veterans looking to launch a new business and grow their business for economic security and independence.
The WVP program seeking to provide economic security and independence includes:
- Back to Basics: Building your Business Bootcamp, a 4 week training series focused on developing startup and emerging businesses.
- One-on-one counseling services
- Direct lending and financial assessment
- Networking and support among participants through the Women Veterans’ Affinity Group
- Social services resources from our network of partners
- Mentoring program pairing successful women business owners with program participant
Military Veterans Scavenger Hunt:
Military veterans who want to kick-start or expand a small business have an opportunity to make connections and expand their resources at the Military Veterans Scavenger Hunt on Friday, October 7, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., beginning at the Pritzker Military Museum & Library, 18 S. Michigan Av., Suite 715, Chicago. Register here.
For more information, please contact Associate Director of Veterans Programs, Ariel Shivers-McGrew at firstname.lastname@example.org
An overview of everything you need to know to transition out of the military
Connect with other veterans through Veteran Service Organizations (VSOs)
A resource to get your veteran-owned small business started
Plan your next move
Learn about the requirements to get credentialed in career field.See More
Sign up to get the latest updates from the WBDC!Sign Up