- This event has passed.
WBDC – BASICS OF GLOBAL MARKETS SESSION 2: Leveraging Resources for Export Success!
August 31 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
As we discussed in the first session, in today’s global economy, expanding your business beyond borders is a strategic move that can unlock new opportunities for growth and success. However, navigating the complexities of international trade requires the right tools and knowledge. That’s where we come in!
Join us for this comprehensive webinar that will empower you with valuable insights, strategies, and connections to maximize your export potential. From federal agencies to state-specific initiatives, we have gathered a range of resources that can pave the way for your export triumphs.
What You’ll Gain:
- Explore the financial solutions offered by the Export-Import Bank of the United States (EXIM) to fuel your international expansion.
- Discover the power of the U.S. Commercial Service and how it can fast-track your exporting journey.
- Learn about state-of-the-art programs from the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) tailored for small businesses like yours.
- Dive into the extensive array of resources provided by the Illinois Department of Commerce Office of Trade and Investment.
- Tap into the expertise of the Women’s Business Development Center International Trade Center to craft a winning export strategy and enhance your global market presence.
About our speakers:
Soraya Hernandez, M.B.A., is the newly appointed WBDC International Trade Center Director. In her role, Soraya offers business clients direct technical assistance through one-on-one advising and workshops on leveraging international trade for business growth and market expansion. She has deep cross-industry, multinational/multi-cultural, operational, consumer market intelligence, strategic business consulting, and business/client development experience.
Ursula Wegrzynowicz is currently serving as the Deputy Managing Director for the Central Region at EXIM Bank supporting the exporting community by providing trade finance counseling related to the Bank’s products. Prior to re-joining EXIM Bank, Ursula founded a trade finance brokerage with the goal of assisting US exporters reach their export potential. Ursula’s experience includes working at LR International, an award-winning freight forwarder, in addition to working with importer and exporter clients’ major banks. A trusted advisor and international trade expert, Ursula has dedicated her career to guiding small and medium- sized manufacturers on export strategy, trade finance, compliance, and logistics. Ursula is a proud member of the Board of Directors of the International Trade Association of Greater Chicago (ITAGC). She also joined Women Entrepreneurs Grow Global, a non-profit dedicated to nurturing women business owners and entrepreneurs, and serves as a Specialist on trade finance.